Walking is a necessity that any dog has every day. Do not forget that these animals lived before in the wild and were guided by their instincts. Therefore, today they cannot lead a sedentary life. They should not lie at home all day. They have to go out to do their needs and do some exercise. But, for these exit times to be beneficial for both them and you, it is worth taking into account the following tips to walk your dog.
DOGS ARE VERY CURIOUS AND WILL WANT TO CHECK EVERYTHING THAT APPEARS AS NEW, INCLUDING DECORATIVE ELEMENTS AND GIFTS.
How to teach your dog to walk?
The best way to walk your pet is to have reassured her before leaving home so that she does not go anxiously or all the time pending playing and thus can attend to the multiple stimuli she will encounter.
If your pet does not stop pulling or pounces, we recommend stopping the march until it relaxes, to resume the walk. In this way, you will educate him so that he knows how to control himself.
We recommend you to walk in a relaxed way since your energy is transmitted to your pet. Of course, always alert for possible unforeseen events.
You can alternate the ride with moments of play as a reward for his good behavior, so you will educate him in positive. Together, you will have fun while learning from each other.
Wrong actions when you walk your dog
You should try to avoid the following mistakes when you walk your dog :
- First, don’t go down the street with a bad attitude. Your pet will notice it and the walk will be a disaster since both of you will see your goals frustrated. Anxiety is a bad counselor.
- Also, you should not act abruptly. For example, you don’t have to jerk or make sudden or unexplained changes in direction. Your dog will be baffled.
- Finally, do not bet on the straps of punishment or harnesses too tight, since they will make your dog feel uncomfortable, and will go against the objective of the walk.
Learn to walk with your dog
The failures that we have mentioned before can be reversed through good practices. So that you can educate your dog for daily walks, you must dedicate time and patience. Here are some recommendations so that together you can learn:
- Dogs are animals that value their routines very positively. In this sense, they will appreciate a schedule of their exits to the street that is met. We recommend three exits, which, between them, add between one and two hours of walk, for the welfare of your pet. First thing in the morning, at noon and night. If you follow this agenda, your dog will be more predisposed to walk with desire.
- Take it along roads that you already know and gradually you can explore new paths. On the other hand, learn to walk your dog by giving short orders and not contradictory to each other.
- Do not suppress it if, for example, you want to smell some urine. That behavior is still part of his instinct. So let him socialize and explore new things, as long as they are safe.
- Do not overtighten the collar or harness (over a pair of slack fingers) and guide it gently.
- Remember that, on walks, your pet is also exposed to parasites. So to prevent them and to be protected inside and out.
The best way to walk your pet
You must plan outings with your pet and enjoy the moment. With patience and practice, you will make the rides as pleasant and entertaining.